The freelance digital video production assistant is part of the core video production team. The role includes daily production and editing of original sports videos and highlights for distribution on all NBC Sports digital platforms, with a focus on golf.
- Edit real-time highlight packages for events in the NBC Sports portfolio, including but not limited to soccer, basketball, soccer, motorsports, and golf
- Clip segments of live sporting events and studio shows in real time.
- Respond quickly to video requests from the digital team
- Assist in the creation of commercial/sponsored content
- Produce and edit short films, highlight packages and sponsored videos for multiple platforms.
- Proactively present and execute new original video concepts
- Create graphics to enhance digital video content
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in television production and/or digital media production
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in an Avid editing environment
- Must be a team player
- Possess a high level of initiative
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sport
- Knowledge of fantasy and sports betting a bonus
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as schedule is based on NBC Sports live event schedule
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Interested candidate must submit a resume via www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must submit a certificate disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submit your vaccination record no later than 7 days after starting employment
- Must be fully vaccinated at the start of employment, subject to legally required exemptions
- Must be willing to adhere to all company workplace safety policies and protocols related to COVID-19
- Must have unlimited work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal affiliated companies to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Strong knowledge/interest in digital production and digital platforms
- Creative mastery of Photoshop
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrates a passion for sports and sports media
- Solid knowledge of professional and collegiate sports, athletes, teams, etc.
- Continue to develop the skills necessary to regularly and independently assume other positions and/or responsibilities associated with specific projects and/or shows
NBCUniversal owns and operates more than 20 different businesses in 30 countries, including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a leading motion picture company, major television production operations, a group of television stations world-class theme parks and ad-supported premium service. streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for inclusion for all. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities in which we live, so that together we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and our impact.
It is NBCUniversal’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age , national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, uniformed service membership, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.